Friday, June 6, 2008

Not ribbon related but realy cool

With summer just around the corner I am thinking towards picnics and camp fires. I saw these really awesome wine glass holders that you can steak into the grass. But they were about $10 each. Ouch!! My first instincts were to ask my husband to make a few for me. He is very handy when it comes to metal crafts. But then my mom brought over a flower steak for some sunflowers. I couldn't believe my eyes. It looked like it could hold a wine glass. I tried it and wallah! It works!


The most fabulous thing about this discovery is the price. I found them at Wal*Mart for less than $1.50 each. I found them in our 'green house' section. They were on a metal display with other garden steaks and arbors. There were several heights to choose from at my Wal*Mart. Now grant it they are not the thickest piece of metal like the others I have seen. I am willing to make the sacrifice for the price and when I have a glass of wine it does not stay heavy for long!

2 comments:

Punky N Munky said...

Now that is cool!!!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

That is seriously a sweet find and idea!!! Kiss your brain!!!