Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Black Bean, Corn, Avocado Salsa MMMMM

My friend Gail made this yummy salsa last summer and it was a big hit. I dug the recipe out and made a bath today and the girls and I had it for dinner. It is pretty healthy. The avocado and the black beans have loads of nutrients in them.

Here is the recipe:
2 medium ripe avocados ( used 1)
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can corn, rinsed and drained
1 jalapeƱo pepper seeded and diced
⅓ cup chopped red onion ( I used white)
3 T. lime juice ( fresh is better but I used bottled)
½ t. salt
½ t. cumin
¼ t. red pepper (I used fresh ground black)


If you haven't discovered tastebook, go check it out. This is where I am storing all my recipes these days. One day I will do the print option but with having my laptop on my counter in my kitchen I haven't had the need to get a hard copy yet. I can see how they would make wonderful bridal shower gifts or compile family recipes.

I wanted to conclude with my girls eating their vegetables:

3 comments:

Lindsey Johnson, MS, CHES said...

Yummy!! I want to try this - you are making me hungry!

Punky N Munky said...

yumm! Sounds great! How adorable are you kids??!! :)

Bluesaphire said...

gorgeous children awwwww!!